I had wished to visit there for long time and had rather high hopes it will be amazing.. Look, it is Kensington Palace after all.
We had done booking, and where taken to very nice table, calm location, not noisy, warm, and all nicely waiting there us to arrive. We made our Order, I took Gluten free Royal Afternoon Tea with Pim´s and my hubby took Royal Afternoon tea with Champagne. I wanted especially taste Kensington Earl Grey.
Tea arrived, it was fantastic, and I liked the taste of bergamont in my tea a lot and Pim´s was nicely done too.. but then arrived rest..
What is going on in cooks head in Kensington Palace Orangery??
Instead of nice normal sandwiches (that person next to me got 4 pieces) I got one bred roll that was spilt half. It was VERY dry, and almost like trying to eat foam mattress ( not that I have ever tasted one but I assume it is much like that) with very little filling, so all you actually tasted was miserable bred. WHY don´t they get just normal toast from Waitrose or where ever and use it and make same sandwiches as normal ones? It would not be great effort.. then Scones.. My better half got 2 of those and I had one that was hard as a rock, it had too much sugar as it was so sweet that eventually I was eating those upper half of my left over bread with Jam and clotted cream rather than Scones and bread was horrid may I remind you.. ( and yes, I am still taking about Kensington Palaces Orangery Royal Afternoon Tea)
So basically I we payed full price from tea, and got half a mount of bread and one that was served was horrible, as well as scones where so bad that when tried to split it it went to pieces and then when try to taste it it was so sweet you can possibly not eat it. ( It was sweeter than desert cakes) Thing that is worth of mentioning where cakes. I had marvellous chocolate cake and Orange cake and they where fantastic.. so anyone with Celiac.. Just order cup of tea and cake.. as anything else is not worth of eating. It is sad as with very small changes gluten free tea could be equally appealing than normal one.
(Hint for the cook, do not use as much gluten free flower when you bake, 80% of normal mount is enough, other wise you end up things that are VERY dry, and hard.. also.. if you can´t make scones, go and by proper ones from supermarket)
| Orangery started to quiet down in the evening |
My company was best possible, it was lovely surprise from him, and place is wonderful and he said he´s sandwiches where fine and tea was tasty. Service was polite ( like it should be) and My tea and cakes where marvellous.
| Look at the china.. I loved them! |
No comments:
Post a Comment