Saturday, 3 November 2012

Visit in Audley end house

We wanted to see something beautiful today.. so took a car and drove to Essex and Audley End House.
It is one of the most amazing places I have yet seen.
Very grand still, but it is now only third of what it has been on it´s biggest.
Roomes where big but very cosy, and stables where amazing too, accommodating 3 horses.
Garden was beautiful, and little river near the house with it´s black and white swan was like icing on cake.
Audley end house was ones palace, in all but renowed as one of the finest Jacobean houses in England. It is currently in stewardship of English Heritage though remains the family seat of the lords Braybrooke.




Ready for Experiencing amazing house! 

I it amazing, and look at the way bushes are shaped! 

View from the house

He is training he´s dog for hunting birds :(

Snap Shot from upstairs window

Front of the house

Gate to shop and servants


Back of the house was equally amazing

it was all very beautiful, and weather was great too

Black swan.. and white. They where so beautiful


Me dreaming.. and holding my poodle girl Siiri

Stalls


As I was not allowed to Photograph in the house, I have found you few photos to share from internet, so you have an idea how it was.

Entrance to house.. the hall was huge


This must have been ladies day room

Look at the wall fabric. Isn´t it amazing

All amazing paintings, furnirture.. it was just beautiful
Kitchen
Almost like real life Downton Abbey!


This is how big the house has been..

and this is what is left from it.. and yet amazing. 


Hope you enjoyed my photos as I surely enjoyed my visit!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos Serafiina, makes me want to go and visit myself :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mikä tää linna on ollut ? Aika mieletön mesta kyllä. Menis pää sekaisin meikäläiseltä jos tonne pääsis !

    ReplyDelete
  3. This Palace has been biggest Private estate! It is still amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ah, I mean biggest of it´s time in England.

    ReplyDelete