Tuesday, 17 May 2011

New cup of coffee and my treasures from fleemarkets

I am big lover of flee markets.

I have done souch a findings from there that not even my hubby always believe that "they really are from fleemarket"! This is firs summer for 10 years that I am not anywhere near Hietalahti market square to do my shoppings.. oh how I loved it.
I took Siiri ( the pooch) out in the morning when people where just coming to sell they treasures.. And surely I was always one of the first to be there.

I have found designer curtains, designer bags ( real ones, since fake I don´t touch), Antique silver cutlery,  Arabia coffee tableware that never came to production and was just made couple of series to see how it would be.. and many many other great things.. Our guestroom curtains are from Hietalahti, they are from Laura Ashley, Many of my candlesticks are from there.. as well as so much old lace, table clothes from Art Noveau era and ohh.... I must get to there.

Fleemarket findings..

I have been lucky enough to find some peaces that ended up being quite worthy, but treasures at fleemarket can be cheap, and funny.. like these tin can´s.. all having certain style.. and I love them.

These are always going to be my weak point...

Other thing I love is.. Icons, and religional pictures. I would rather call my self spiritual, than religional. But there is something on these pictures that particulary like a lot. Also Hindu god´s are beautifull why, can not tell you..  This Vergine of Monte Berice was waiting me like it was destined to be mine. To secure our life.. that is what it says in a text
" O Virgin of Mount Berico Bless This Family"
I feel like I might need to go to Monte berico just to visit there, so that I know Where our "Blessing" is coming from. 

My beautiful Virgin
I think it suites quite well to our red walls. 


It would be nice if people would use more these fleemarkets, since there is so much useful things that can have a second life in your home, and there is no need to buy everything new and shiny from shops. World is SO full of everything that I am sure that there is enough for all of us. So, go ahead, go to fleemarket,  be open minded, and you might leave home with treasures you made with bargain price. 


Good example was our lovely Kitchen curtains.. We where still studying and where very tight with money and I wanted to re new our kitchen a little, since looked so depressing and colorless. 
I found one certain fabric from Sandberg,  that I wanted to buy us, but ... ceiling height was 3.5m and if you want full-length curtains, they become so expensive that we would not have been able to afford them. 
So one morning I told Arto that I will go to fleemarket, he  made me promise that I will not buy hand bags.. LOL And I told him, I will go and see if I happen to find curtains to kitchen. 
After 30min. I thought I am dreaming.. there where my Sandberg Curtains, perfect length well 10cm too short but hey.. what can you ask more, 3 Curtains ready sewed and in mint condition. And Price.. 15€ per curtain.. ( Original Price for fabric was 48€ per meter and they would have cost 500 plus sewing.. too bloody expensive ). I was over the moon.  They cost 45€ and I was happy as Larry. 
Walking home humming and smiling. Next weekend I found two matching pillow cases (we had big and comfy chair in Kitchen so that someone can keep company for a cook ea. me )  and couple of weeks after I found tray from Sanders.. just to give example what can you find. 
So go and do your great findings, have a cup of coffee, and think what you need. If searching something particular, take pillow case etc. to compare colors with, and have fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment