Our whole plan was to make a little library room where you can relax and sleep as well.
But... we ended up having so many books that it was impossible to create anything sensible in that sense.. so I thought. My hubby also wanted to have little "working corner" and room really is not very big.
Solution was, 35m of books on shelves , nice chair to sit on and Working corner.. and it looked like this.
You can see corner of the table on the left corner, it is "the working corner" and it has been working fairly well like this.. but.
We needed to use room for sleeping and there it was.. problem.
I carry the chair away, and put mattress on the floor, and it just looks disgusting.
Nothing what I have thought, and It does not fit in nicely, so when you want to use lavatory behind the room ( for the guests) you need to jump over your own bed.. I mean mattress.
So.. need to make some re thinking.
Working corner will move, to living room so that we can use big computer screen also for watching tv from BBC iplayer ( I love it) and do some computing if needed.. all the wires are anyway in livingroom. It is not going to be as pretty as I thought, not wanting even television in to room to disturb nice "old fashioned atmosphere" but what can I do.
I think I found my solution after all.
Not easy, since book cases are now dark brown wood, and everything else is matched with them.. I would need sofa, so that things still look like relaxing place and little library room, but would still work WELL in sleeping purposes.
Normal sofa would look too bulky and heavy in that small space, so I thought this one from Laura Ashley would be great!
![]() |
| My dream sofa.. Alice single Bed Laura Ashley. |
This would be "airy" enough, and it has double bed option which is really great!
I have lovely Laura Ashley curtains and pillow cases ready, so it is easy to convert the look of the room.
| Here is sample from the Laura Ashley Gosford fabric |
I found also matching lamp shades from Laura Ashley. I am burning to have them.
I have too really beautiful candle sticks they are Old Vintage Tiffany ones.. I broke shades ( I thought I die when I did so) when we moved here.. and I would so like to use even part of them.. so these shades would actually look nice on them.
![]() |
| Same Gosford guilt as fabric for the curtains |
I thought this bedcover would be nice on a sofa when it is used just sofa, and it is neutral as well.
I find my inner Hyacinth Bucket thinking that Oh I hope no one will sit on it with new dark blue jeans..
![]() |
| I bought this one from Indiska, Swedish company. They have nice stuff. |
I think these will create nice and soft place to take a nap, read a book, or sleep.. or just simply have a little day dream, and listen music. It is important for me that my dearest likes the room as well.
It is also he´s escape place where he can close the door and have a peace and quiet after long day at the office.
I am starting to like it so much that I might want to sleep only in here..




No comments:
Post a Comment