Thursday, 26 May 2011

Cupcakes for Madhatter!

Rain.. and sun and sun and rain.. impossible day to do anything out side..
Killing time between emailing all kind of possible emails and wanted to bake cupcakes.

I was using my Grandmothers recipe, easy to remember..

all you ever need..
I was using self raising flower, fine sugar, and eggs.

Pre heat your oven to 165c

3dl Eggs
3dl fine sugar
3dl self raising flower ( or normal)

First mix sugar and eggs. You may use mixer, I do it always by hand, just whip as long as it becomes light yellow, and very foamy.

Add Flower, if you don´t have self raising flower, normal one is ok too, fold it in to dough, DP NOT MIX.

I wanted to mix in nuts, chocolate, etc.. I was filling cupcake mold half, added touch of Blueberries for some, Nuts, what ever I wanted to fill them, and then filled cupcake mold a little more. Remember, you can not fill it totally full.. it will raise in oven, and need a little space to do that.

Ready  for  oven!
 Let them stay in the oven without opening the door ( like I did just to show you how well they raise)

They need space to raise...
Bake until nice golden brown. Be careful that you don´t burn them!

Ready for decoration

I am junkie when it comes to little detail.. not a surprise I assume..
I want my cupcakes to look like they are from Mad hatter tea party. I add a little color, decoration, and top everything with eatable glitter.. LOL 

My favorite one is small pearls.
My very first time.. I made Butter sugar, and colored it to nice deep pink hue.
I was using 120g butter and added icing sugar as long as I could mix it in.. I did not measure how much I ended up using it.. better not to know how much sugar there is.. I´ll tell you: A LOT!! 

I am mixing pink color in to butter sugar.

I filled dispenser with pink buttersugar, made little "flower" type of things on my cupkakes, added little sugar pearls, and topped with little blue and white sugar flowers.

I love them!

Tea, anyone?? Mad hatter is ready to party.


1 comment:

  1. Love it! I want to jump through my computer screen and eat them ALL!

    ReplyDelete