Wednesday, 24 November 2010

Royal Wedding announced!

I have been all very Christmas spirited, but I could not help my self but to get exited about big news..
I am so happy about Prince William and Kate getting married.. they are such a sweet hearts.
I have decided to celebrate big day, 29th April 2011 with my friends, and for sure, we need real royal touch for our elegance.. What could be more importent than a crown,  tiara, or diadem, if we want to be sophisticated.  I have run a thoughts and ideas in my head, how to make a cool looking Jewelry meaning crowns etc, from cheapish materials. and this is what I came up..
You need lace, starch, gold paint, fake diamonds or other decorative items you will glue to your crown.

Royal Crown made from lace

You can use any lace you want, I don´t recommend cutting your laces that grandmother maybe inheritaged for you.. fleemarkets are full of old laces or you can just buy new one. I think best lace is not too thin, and fine, so that finish actually could look real. This is similar to what I would use..
Measure size of your head, and cut slightly bigger piece of lace so that you can sew it to circle, to a shape of a crown.
Then,  I would use starch to harden my crown a little so that it stays in right shape. Remember your head is not round.. try what is fitting best for you. This is easier to do with starch than Craft Lacquer, because if you need to try it on, to see that shape is right, you can not do it with Lacquer, but with Starch you can..
When crown is dry, I will paint it with cold paint, you can use also silver if you wish.
I would like to get similar Crown what Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden used when she got married so I use gold.
You may need to paint everything in couple of times to get best result.
This is how they look after golden touch!
Now only thing I need to do is decorate. They are actually so pretty that if you feel lazy you don´t need to decorate them at all.. But I love glitter and glamor so I will add these kind of things that I found from one hand&Craft shop some years a go. I have also old plastic pearl necklace that I will put in to peaces and use single pearls to make my Crown look more authentic.
With this technique you can do anything really, if you add little red stones, and peace of red velvet in to middle it is very similar to real Crown Jewels.. I love it. 

So here is my final result! How do you like it? 



Just joking, this is original, Mine is on it´s way and I will finish it during Christmas holiday and post you photos to show how authentic I could make it look!!!

This is also great Christmas gift for a little girl , 
or bigger one, who dreams of Royal Wedding selebration 29th april 2011. 

With this same tchnique you are able to make great huge "golden" necklaces, 
bracelets, rings, what ever you wish, that is why I love it so much.
All you need really is gold paint, ribbons, 
and lace, and fake diamonds (I really mean plastic ones). 
Even making honour badge is not difficult!

Here is couple of pictures to inspire you!

No comments:

Post a Comment